I’ve had the chance to use a wide screen monitor. And, I noticed the 800×600 resolution is just not that nice with such monitors. Since I had been rewriting the GUI parts, I just thought I would pick it up and make it really flexible now.

Its not done yet, but since most important functionality is already flexible, the game is very playable. But, it just not looks right.

Here is an example, running on 1024×768 resolution. I have also tried it on 1600×900 , and it works like a charm. The white rectangle is where the, so called ‘candybar’ will come. After that I have to fill up the sidebar properly and give the icons more space.

#

Comments are closed

Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...