I’ve had some problems with my internet connection lately. And, when it worked… I was playing Starcraft II a bit. Really liking that game.

On D2TM news, I have moved around some code. Next thing to do is to fix all screens to fit 800×600 resolution. I will probably redesign the Skirmish menu. Perhaps you have a good idea on how it should look like? If so , place a comment.

After all that stuff, I will work on the unit code. That would really improve the game quite a bit. Once the unit code is refactored, there is so much more to do… let me elaborate: an options menu, rewrite the skirmish AI, score system/statistics, bigger maps (128×128 or even 256×256 max). Refactor some in-game effects… Multiplayer.. Probably some other neat ideas you come up with … Oh so much to do and so little time 🙂

Do you already follow the dune2themaker twitter? It will tell you immediately when certain new features are being ‘delivered’ in the coming version. This is thanks to Pivotal Tracker that pushes updates to the twitter account. Neat!

#

Comments are closed

Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...