Hi! Instead of doing a summary here, I wanted to record a session for a change, see how it goes. […]
A lot of work is being done under the hoods; and as things stand now there are ~ 3 tickets […]
What began with one or two bugs in 0.6.0 eventually ended up in rewriting the way D2TM deals with input. […]
Hi! It has been a while for sure. I hope you’re doing all ok. Several things have been worked on […]
Past few weeks I’ve been working on the new version (0.6.5). In this post you can see what’s already coming, […]
While working on the next release (0.6.5) I wanted to improve the sidebar a bit. when you hover over an […]
I’ve established a new milestone in Github and decided which issues go into that. I have set myself a goal […]
It has been over a week that 0.6.0 has been released. And although I did expect it to have somewhat […]
GeekCulture.co has interviewed me about Dune 2 The Maker. Read it here.
During some playtesting I noticed something off with the Sandworms. They had very long trails – looking ugly. But also […]
Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...