I’ve had a holiday and have worked on D2TM from there when I felt like it. The result is actually quite nice.

I have rewritten the selecting box logic, so now all mouse logic is in a Mouse class. Finally. I have also found this memory leak, which really wasnt a memory leak but sloppy initialization.

Also, I have made it far more easier to determine if a mouse is within a specific box of coordinates. Welcome the “rectangle” class. I have used it now in a few places and I intend to update the code where I find similar logic. I love removing code and keeping the game working.

Last but not least I tried to make the credits animation even more fluent. Although the animation did not get more fluent I did refactor the CreditsDrawer class.

I will be working on the GUI related stuff now again, so the menu looks ok and a new version can be wrapped up. Can’t wait? Then just check-out the source code 🙂

#

Comments are closed

Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...