I have published a playtesting session on youtube, you can watch it here:
If you want to keep up with other video’s from D2TM, you can subscribe to the channel.
Testing version 0.5.5, a WIP version.
Several improvements are shown (compared to 0.5.0):
- Playing on a 128×128 map
- Using Saboteurs
- Proper rendering of mentat (in center)
- Increase build queue by 4 instead of 1 (when holding SHIFT)
- Better rendering of projectiles, landing on structures properly, etc.
I run this game in debug mode, hence you see:
- lines of paths the units will take
- the tile the mouse hovers over
- several other visual hints where units/structures/etc might be
There are also quite a few noticeable bugs:
- the AI is very passive (not attacking any player)
- the AI doesn’t build varied units anymore (needs fixing)
- some units get stuck somehow
- I can’t win the game, some units are “not dead” nor “alive”
- Did you see some harvester disappear within a refinery – me too, not sure how that happened.
- Sometimes units do not seem to respond quickly when I order them to move, this needs to be more responsive.
Also, the screen recording software seems to visualize clicks.
Source at Github: https://github.com/stefanhendriks/Dune-II—The-Maker
Comments are closed