Yesterday, I decided it was time to test out the upcoming 0.6.0 (I call it 0.5.9 for now) with all normal game rules and no debugging mode.

As a test I played a skirmish game against 2 AI’s and recorded it.

Do you see anything that could be better? Let me know!

Enjoy!

(i do seem to be able to see the AI perspective, so even without debugmode, I am able to do things that should not be possible. Made an issue for that in Github already)

Comments are closed

Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...