As told before I was pondering about 800×600. I just simply changed the values 640×480 into 800×600 and this is […]
After the latest WIP release; the clean/refactor work has been continued. The recent svn log shows a restructuring of the […]
A new unstable version has been released, compared to the previous release (revision 322), the following things have changed: – […]
A new page has been introduced, the so called unstable releases page. At this page you can download the most […]
I intend to release an alpha version soon for solely one purpose: find bugs .  It is by no means […]
A little development update. Recently I have worked on 3 things: Refactored the minimap code (drawing/logic). Fixed: When holding R […]
I have updated the website with several media at the web (such as a blog post, youtube videos, etc). If […]
Refactoring is always fun. It allows you to make things better in a lot of ways. Basically refactoring means you […]
Someone at the forums pointed out that the download link was broken at the Releases page. It is fixed now. […]
Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...