It is the last day of the year, and what a year it has been. Version 0.5.0 was released at […]
With Dune 2 – The Maker, we strongly believe the community is the driving force behind this project. We have […]
Recently Arjen and I have set up Ubuntu on our machines. We noticed that dune2themaker4j did not run there. So […]
With a title like this, you probably know what I’m refering to. (if not, quickly watch the Dune movie, after […]
Curious how I work on D2TM, want to see how I do it. Perhaps want to give suggestions, or just […]
I love working on this project. In fact, I have so many ideas still, I would love to make them […]
So recently I was asked about a roadmap of Dune II – The Maker. And frankly, the only thing I […]
This weekend a few patches have been applied, submitted by Peter. The optimal screen detection mechanism is much neater now. […]
It has been a while. I’ve been very busy with real life issues. However, I’d like to thank you all […]
Someone at the forums pointed out that the download link was broken at the Releases page. It is fixed now. […]
Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...