In Dune 2 the AI rebuilds structures it lost. This behavior was logged in Github Issues, and was not planned […]
Let me show you how I managed to let the build a group of units (3 quads + 2 tanks) […]
I have published a playtesting session on youtube, you can watch it here: If you want to keep up with […]
Did you know Dune 2 used to have 62×62 playable maps? It also had an ‘invisible map border’, so technically […]
Recently I started on making the engine support larger than 64×64 sized maps. This should be trivial, but it isn’t. […]
The last super weapon to be implemented in 0.6.0 is the Harkonnen Death Hand. This basically is just a big […]
Next in 0.6.0 super weapons… the Ordos Saboteur! This one took some work; basically the code to have units ‘enter’ […]
In 0.6.0 the super weapons will be introduced. For Atreides this is “Fremen reinforcements“. In Dune 2 the Fremen would […]
I have created a separate Dune 2 – The Maker youtube channel where I’ll post some videos now and then. […]
While working on the ‘super weapons‘ in the game, I noticed something about the lack of smoothness in the clock-wise […]
Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...