Time flies for sure. Today it has been one year ago I started working on this project again. I started […]
I’m working on rewriting the AI, which is quite more work than anticipated. However, I am glad to let you […]
After working on the new / campaign AI for a while, and playtesting mission 1 through 5 I wondered how […]
In Dune 2, generally when the enemy AI has not yet detected the human player it will be passive. Usually […]
I made further changes to the Campaign missions AI and implemented some behavior for mission 1 though 6. I usually […]
In Dune 2 the AI rebuilds structures it lost. This behavior was logged in Github Issues, and was not planned […]
Let me show you how I managed to let the build a group of units (3 quads + 2 tanks) […]
Recently I have set up a Dune 2 – The Maker Discord. In case you want to provide feedback, ask […]
I have published a playtesting session on youtube, you can watch it here: If you want to keep up with […]
Did you know Dune 2 used to have 62×62 playable maps? It also had an ‘invisible map border’, so technically […]
Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...