I’ve established a new milestone in Github and decided which issues go into that. I have set myself a goal […]
It has been over a week that 0.6.0 has been released. And although I did expect it to have somewhat […]
GeekCulture.co has interviewed me about Dune 2 The Maker. Read it here.
After 9 months of development version 0.6.0 has been released! In a nutshell this version brings the following new features: […]
During some playtesting I noticed something off with the Sandworms. They had very long trails – looking ugly. But also […]
Yesterday, I decided it was time to test out the upcoming 0.6.0 (I call it 0.5.9 for now) with all […]
While working on some issues regarding picking up/dropping off units by carry-alls – which also involved the repair facility. I […]
Sometimes you’ve got to scratch that itch… In this case, I noticed that the Carry-all unit seems to be stupid […]
After a lot of days work, the new Skirmish AI seems to be getting into shape. I will write some […]
Work has begun on the new Skirmish AI. Building upon the foundation laid by the Campaign AI. See below a […]
Want to support? Please consider donating via Kofi.

Path finding progress demo... made it so I use a priority_queue, did X4 speedup. Nice! https://dune2themaker.fundynamic.com/video/new_pathfinder_02.mp4 #indiedev #gamedev #d2tm #dune2

Path finding testing is done on a map (64x64) where only 1 possible path exists between two corners of the map. I also found a bug in the heuristic function - it would evaluate too many cells. With that sped up greatly, but still needs to be faster.

Spent more hours on path finding. Still too slow! (100/200ms for 1 unit, finding 1 path is SUPER SLOW (on complex map)). Need to shave off more milliseconds.

It is not so hard to implement a new pathfinding algorithm. The harder part is to make it perform properly. Especially when you send over groups of units. #indiedev #gamedev #dune2 #d2tm #remake

Load More...